Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2 Girls Turning 2 Months Old!!

Today my angels are 2 months old!! can you believe it? Seems like yesterday I was in the hospital (thank goodness it wasn't). The girls are getting bigger and are becoming more aware of everything. Its really neat watching them looking at things on their play mat and looking at books we show them and best of all looking at our faces :) They still sleep often but are definitely awake a lot too. We have moved them to a 3.5 hour schedule which means they eat every 3.5 hours vs. every 3 so they are required to stay awake a little longer in between feedings and naps, so far so good. They are also starting to coo and make cute little noises and smile more when we talk to them. Michael and I find ourselves laughing at them often :)

our 2 month old picture (Jax on left and Kai on right)

lol they were getting a bit frustrated with me


Jaxyn
 On Thursday the girls will be going to the doctor to get their two month shots :/ Mom and dad are not looking forward to this. However, we are looking forward to being able to take them places now :) We did break down and take them to Olive Garden last weekend and they were wonderful! We got lots of stares and whispers as we walked through the crowded restaurant (don't worry no one touched them or breathed on them).

Kairyn on the way to Olive Garden

Jaxyn was waiting until we got to the restaurant to nap

Me and Kairyn

Michael and Jaxyn

As you can tell from my picture with Kai I decided to go brunette for the winter. I have ALWAYS been blonde and decided I needed a change. Some say my hormones are responsible, but I just think I needed something different. Why not? And I like it (mainly b/c its different). I will most assuredly be returning to blonde in the summer though.

Halloween!!     
 Some of you may not know this about me, but I LOVE Halloween ( as I sing.. H- A- double L-O - W double E -N spells Halloween!!). So our house got hit with Halloween about a week ago and we are still working on outdoor decorations (don't worry I will post pictures with the girls and our decor). We will have scarecrows with hay bails and pumpkins along with a pumpkin cemetery for outside this year. Yay! I am soooo excited!! Of course the girls will have costumes so this is what we have in mind:




 We haven't purchased these yet so we'll see. We may find something better before the big day. If you have any ideas please feel free to share them with me :)

Visit to Nini's
It was Michael's mom's birthday (Cindy/Nini) so we loaded up and went to Round Rock to spend the day with family and help celebrate Cindy's birthday! We had such a good time with three babies under the same roof. Yes, I said three. Christina (Michael's sister) has a 3 month old baby boy named Noah. We loved spending the day with all of them (and being thankful we didn't have triplets ;)

Nini and the girls

Michael, me, Cindy, Christina and Noah, and Caitlynn
Baptism

The girls will be getting baptized into the Catholic faith on November 5th at Saints Peter and Paul Catholic church in New Braunfels. We have asked our best friends Kendl and Brian Leatherwood to be their Godparents and they accepted the role of helping the girls along their journey with Christ :) We are so excited to bring the girls into the Catholic faith and to teach them all about God and his love for us and we know that Kendl and Brian will enhance this experience throughout their lives. Thank you Kendl and Brian for taking on this role! We love ya'll very much!!


    That is all for now! Much love!
Parent's of Breaths of Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment